Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Filmmakers Statement

Hi all, I am Jason. I am a recent graduate of ECU with my BS in Journalism and a concentration in broadcast. I wanted became interested in film after having a required production course and a screen writing course at my previous university. In another class, I was given the option to use those skills and made a short film For Melvin and Basketball(my only previous film experience). After combining those efforts and my passion/enjoyment and over 20 ideas I've had for movies, I decided to find a prestigious film program. My grandmother informed me about UNCW and the program here, and I applied.

As I learned upon graduation, as far as "10 year plans" go, a lot can change in a little amount of time. However, I believe and would like to be thriving in the film industry in any way possible between now and then. I am not very particular about where or what direction I want to travel, but I do know that I want to get there and will do whatever it takes. Someday, I would like to be directing, producing and writing my own movies or take another form of a leadership role in films.

A few things not known about me are:
  •  I enjoy playing/watching/talking anything about basketball or sports in general (especially ECU).
  • I have performed comedy on stages in North Carolina and Florida.
  • My 5 favorite films, in no particular order include: Mystery Men, SW Episode 3, Doom, The Number 23, Bicycle Thieves.
  • When I'm not watching movies or working, I like to hang out with family and/or play video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment